The 6 Best Dried fruits
- 1 The 6 Best Dried fruits
- 2 Our Top Dried fruits Pick
- 3 Drugstore articles: Dried fruits Video Guide
- 4 TOP 5 Dried fruits Bestseller
- 5 Read More Guides Related to Drugstore articles:
- 6 More Topics in Food & Drugstore:
- 7 Links for further Information
Dried fruits are mostly made from fruit or exotic fruits. The fruits are dried to remove the moisture from them and make them durable. Dried fruits, however, still contain a residual moisture content of around 20 percent after the drying process. There are certain types of fruit that are particularly suitable for drying. A large selection of dried fruits is often available on the market, which are then also referred to as baked fruit or mixed fruit. In many cases, the fruits are crushed first, which is why they are then offered in the form of cubes.
Our Top Dried fruits Pick
Drugstore articles: Dried fruits Video Guide
Drying fruit and vegetables is the oldest way of preserving food. In the Middle East, dates, figs and grapes have been dried for thousands of years to make them long-lasting. In this region, drying used to take place on the spot, where the fruit fell from the trees, because the sun’s rays did the rest. But also in Europe the drying of fruit was discovered in the earliest times. For example, Sweden had its own drying houses, far from the residential building, where food was hung. The drying houses were operated with wood stoves in order to preserve the harvest even on cooler days. The huts for drying the local fruits were built in a secluded location so as not to endanger the entire residential and farm buildings in the event of a fire. Dried apricots, peaches and plums were first produced in Asia. The dried fruits produced in China then spread rapidly to the West, where they were soon handled as a delicacy in Italy and Greece.
Not every fruit and every fruit is suitable for drying. However, pears, apples, plums and plums, strawberries, grapes, cherries, kiwis, apricots and peaches, as well as beetroot and all kinds of berries are particularly good for preserving them in this tried and tested way. In winter, dried figs and dates are particularly popular. But also pineapples, mangos, papayas, bananas and coconuts contain a natural sweetness through the drying process, which makes them a popular Naschobst.
Dried fruits are a popular snack which, unlike other desserts, is very healthy. This is because the vitamin content of the fruit is largely preserved by the drying process. In addition, the additional sweetening of the fruit with industrially produced sugar is not necessary, since fruit and fruit have a natural fructose content which, after drying, appears in concentrated form. In addition, fructose does not go into the blood as quickly as white sugar. The consumption of dried fruits thus puts less strain on the metabolism and ensures a long feeling of satiety. They contain more energy and nutrients than fresh products. This can be clearly seen in the example of one hundred grams of fresh apples, which have a calorific value of about 54 calories. After drying, the fruit loses about 90 percent of its weight. One kilogram of dried apples has the same energy and nutrient content as a hundred grams of dried apples. This is particularly advantageous if, for example, you want to have a healthy and nutritious snack rich in energy with you when hiking. Dried fruits can also be used wonderfully for cooking. Fruit slices, muesli bars, muesli and fruit bread are therefore usually mixed with dried fruits. In spicy dishes, dried fruits can be soaked in water, fruit juice, honey or alcohol and then processed into a filling for roast goose or pork. Dried fruits are also often found in chocolate bars or ice cream.
TOP 5 Dried fruits Bestseller
- Packaging May Vary
- 24 total bags (12) Fuji Apple (6) Asian Pear (6) Strawberry & Banana with 2 fruit servings per bag
- 100% Freeze Dried Fuji Apples, Asian Pears, Strawberries, and Bananas
- Non-GMO/Vegan/Kosher/Gluten Free/Peanut and Tree Nut Free
- 100% Fruit, no additives, preservatives, or dyes
- 100% all natural, no added sugar, no preservatives, antioxidants
- Non-gmo, gluten free, kosher, allergen free
- DRIED JUMBO-SIZE APRICOTS: Natural source of energy, the best quality Turkish Malatya Apricots. Always better option to stop food cravings. Comes in a resealable bag and always fresh!
- NUTRITIOUS HEALTHY SNACKS: High in fiber, rich source of antioxidants, vitamin A, potassium, magnesium and iron. Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, raw diets and good for weight control.
- NO SUGAR ADDED: Natural taste, suitable for vegetarian, vegan, raw diets and good for weight control.
- STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Store in a cool, dry area; after opening, place in tightly sealed airtight or heavy-duty plastic bag. Refrigeration is recommended in hot, humid environments.
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Malatya, TURKEY. - Anna and Sarah brings healthy snacks and super nutritious nuts and dried fruits from nature into your bags and onto your table.
- Dried Fruit Salad Mix in Resealable Bag. Sweet, juicy and delicious. Always fresh taste.
- TROPICAL and REFRESHING TASTE. Lovely mix of Kiwi slices, Mango slices, Papaya chunks, Pineapple tidbits and Cantaloupe slices.
- LOVELY SNACKS: Source of fiber. High in vitamins and minerals.
- STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Store in a cool, dry area; after opening, place in tightly sealed airtight or heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Packed in USA. Anna and Sarah brings you the flavors of the world.
- BEST SELLING DRIED FRUIT AND NUTS GIFT ARRANGMENT: WOW your guests with our signature Oh! Nuts Gift box filled to the brim with "12" varieties of healthy goodies. The lidded container is features an assortment of twelve HIGH-QUALITY GRADE A DRIED FRUITS AND NUTS. Replace the traditional candy, chocolates, and baked goods with healthier, trendier vegan treats. PRESENT A GIFT THAT LEAVES A MEMORABLE IMPRESSION.
- FESTIVE FRUITS BURSTING WITH UNIQUE FLAVOR: You and your family will love to snack on this gourmet sampler of sweet chewy and crunchy goodness. Included are kiwi tidbits, papaya bites, royal dates, dried pears, raisins, plump apricots, dried summer plums and peaches, exotic pineapple, apple rings, heart-healthy pistachios and premium roasted almonds.
- SPEND YOUR CHRISTMAS MOVIE NIGHT INDULGING IN POPPING FLAVORS: The Oh! Nuts sweet dried fruits are healthy and incredibly difficult to resist and the savory nuts are loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This remarkable blend of flavors forms a gift presentation that's appealing to the eyes as well as the palate.
- SAY THANK YOU WITH THESE YUMMY SNACKS: Whether you are looking to show appreciation to your grandfather or grandmother, to your hostess or coworkers, him or her, the Oh! Nuts deluxe baskets bring joy and fun to every party. These dried fruit nuts are OK Certified Kosher, non-Dairy, and pair perfectly with meats, cheeses, spicy hors d'oeuvres, red wines, and microbrews.
- Amply filled Gift Basket chock-full of healthy snacks makes this a great health-conscious Holiday gift - corporate or personal gift-giving done nutritionally sound this Holiday season
Read More Guides Related to Drugstore articles:
- Best Kreatin
- Best Drying hood
- Best Contact lenses
- Best Lavender oil
- Best Tick sling
- Best Calf bandage
- Best UV safety goggles Solarium
- Best Foot balm
- Best Men Hand Cream
- Best Summiteers
- Best Pony Hairpiece
- Best IPL devices
- Best Eyelashes
- Best Cellulite-Creme
- Best Glasses cleaning cloth
- Best Icing sugar
- Best Vitamin B
- Best Maca
- Best Toe spreader
- Best TENS unit
- Best Sticking plaster
- Best Electric blanket
- Best Paraffin bath
- Best Tub handle
- Best Blood glucose test
- Best IPL Hair Removal
- Best Electric toothbrush for children
- Best Magnetic bracelet
- Best Tanning accelerator
- Best Muira Puama
- Best Nasal rinsing salt
- Best Vitamin C
- Best Corn plaster
- Best Condoms
- Best 3 days beard care
- Best MSM Capsules
- Best Flea seeds
- Best Ointment
- Best Vitamin A
- Best Baldrian