The 6 Best 4K Camcorder
Professional film and video productions have been using cameras with 4K resolution for some time now. And for the home, virtually all manufacturers now offer different TV models with a UHD (4K) screen resolution, with which these high-resolution films can also be watched. Consequently, more and more camcorders and video cameras with a 4K resolution for hobby filmmakers are being launched on the market. Today, films with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels are also shown in cinemas. The general switch to 4K resolution takes place in all areas of film and video. If you are thinking about buying a camcorder with 4K resolution and want to edit the self-produced films afterwards, you should include some points in your considerations.
Photo & Camera: 4K Camcorder Video Guide
Because a 4K camcorder records movies at four times the resolution of an HD video, sufficiently large and fast storage media are required for editing and archiving the movies. Storage media that meet these requirements are, for example, fast SD cards or so-called SSD hard disks (Solid State Drives). However, both storage media are still comparatively expensive. In addition, fast hardware with high processor performance and large graphics memory as well as professional video editing software are a prerequisite for frustration-free post-production of your own films. Many 4K camcorder enthusiasts are currently refraining from the desire to buy a 4K camcorder when considering these not inconsiderable additional costs. For those who have decided to buy it, the market offers a few interesting and affordable models for amateur filmmakers.
A number of SLR cameras with digital recording sensors (DSLRs) can also be used as 4K comcorders. The advantage of the cameras lies in their compatibility with professional lenses, which also offers interesting possibilities for filming. However, the handling is not always optimal. DSLRs currently offer the best price/performance ratio for 4K filming. The most popular pure 4K camcorders for beginners at the moment are the Panasonics HC-X1000 camcorder or the Sony FDR AX-100. Both devices are recommended and offer a relatively inexpensive way to enter the 4K world
Common to all 4K camcorders is that the zoom factor is lower than that of an HD camcorder. This is due to the four times larger amount of data that needs to be processed and stored by the camcorder’s processor. Therefore, it is not surprising that a camcorder with a high zoom factor costs significantly more than one with a lower zoom factor. However, up to 20x magnification is usually possible and probably sufficient for holiday films. The price of a 4K camcorder is also affected by the storage medium used. SD cards are much cheaper than SSD mass storage cards and perhaps the most important criterion when buying a 4K camcorder is handling. If you don’t get along well with a high-end camcorder, even the most sophisticated technology and maximum resolution won’t do you any good. In favour of a much better handling it is better to do without technical refinements. If you think a few years into the future, you can already buy a 4K camcorder today. With a little thought in advance as to which camera it should be, you will certainly be able to film for a long time with such a device without having the feeling of working with an outdated technology. Cameras with interchangeable lenses, which can also be used on newer models and thus save money in the future, are ideal.
TOP 5 4K Camcorder Bestseller
- Includes all original accessories and warranty
- 20.2 MP CMOS sensor and ISO 100-16000, High speed continuous shooting up to 10.0 fps
- 65-point all cross-type AF system, Stunning Full HD video with Custom Movie Servo AF (speed and sensitivity)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF enables you to shoot video like a camcorder
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p Recording at 60 fps, HD 1280 x 720p Recording at 120 fps
- Capture up to 10MP Photos at 10 fps, Ultra Wide Angle Glass Lens
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GoPro App Ready, Compatible with Optional Wi-Fi Remote
- Provides Enhanced Low-Light Performance, HERO3+ Is 15% Smaller Than HERO3, Battery Lasts 30% Longer Than HERO3
- Built-In Touch Display: Frame your shots. Easily adjust settings. Play back videos and photos. Improved Camera Control: New dedicated button enables quick access to camera settings. Simplified menus make navigating settings easier than ever.
- Fast, Powerful Photo Capture: Captures high-quality 12MP photos at speeds of up to 30 fps.
- Built-In WiFi + Bluetooth: Delivers enhanced connectivity to the GoPro App, Smart Remote
- Protune - Now for Video + Photos: Cinema-quality capture and manual control of color, ISO limit, exposure and more. Night Photo Lapse: Customizable exposure settings up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse Photos. Auto Low Light: Automatically adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance. High-Performance Audio: New Audio System captures clean, high fidelity sound and nearly 2x the dynamic range. Ultra Wide-Angle Glass Lens: Enables engaging, immersive footage of you and your world.
- 【Full HD 1080P Webcam】Powered by a 1080p FHD two-MP CMOS, the NexiGo N60 Webcam produces exceptionally sharp and clear videos at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 with 30fps. The 3.6mm glass lens provides a crisp image at fixed distances and is optimized between 19.6 inches to 13 feet, making it ideal for almost any indoor use.
- 【Zoom in and Out】With its fixed focal length lens, this webcam can capture high-definition video at a wide-angle of up to 110°, making it perfect for presentations. Moreover, you can adjust the field of view (FOV) by using the digital zoom feature available in the NexiGo software, which helps you customize it to better fit your personal workspace. Simply plug the USB into your computer and you're all set! Plus, thanks to its convenient mounting clip, you can easily place the webcam on any monitor, laptop, TV, or tripod.
- 【Built-in Noise-Cancelling Microphone】The built-in noise-canceling microphone reduces ambient noise to enhance the sound quality of your video. Great for Zoom / Facetime / Video Calling / OBS / Twitch / Facebook / YouTube / Conferencing / Gaming / Streaming / Recording / Online School.
- 【USB Webcam with Privacy Protection Cover】The privacy cover blocks the lens when the webcam is not in use. It's perfect to help provide security and peace of mind to anyone, from individuals to large companies. It also helps to protect the lens from dirt and debris to ensure your video remains clear for the life of the camera.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Works with USB 2.0/3.0, no additional drivers required. Ready to use in approximately one minute or less on any compatible device. Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 and higher / Windows 7, 8, 10 & 11 / Android 4.0 or higher / Linux 2.6.24 / Chrome OS 29.0.1547 / Ubuntu Version 10.04 or above.
Read More Guides Related to Photo & Camera:
- Best 3D-Camcorder
- Best Gray filters
- Best Digital camera
- Best Underwater camcorder
- Best Underwater camera
- Best Negative scanner
- Best Camcorder
- Best Tripod bag
- Best Slide projector
- Best Macro lens
- Best Gallows tripod
- Best DB POWER Action Camera
- Best Digital camera with WLAN
- Best Colour filters
- Best Full HD digital camera
- Best Compact cameras
- Best Super Zoom Camera
- Best Photo backpack
- Best Mirrorless system camera
- Best Spotting scope
- Best Underwater housing
- Best Travel tripod
- Best Camera filter
- Best Diascanner
- Best Lens pocket
- Best 4K Camcorder
- Best Bridge camera
- Best Full HD Camcorder
- Best SLR camera
- Best System camera
- Best Disposable camera
- Best Infrared filter
- Best Action Cam
- Best Pocket Camcorder
- Best 3D camera
- Best Digital camera with optical viewfinder
- Best Night-vision device
- Best Camera Tripod
- Best Monocular
- Best Telephoto lens