The 6 Best Filing cabinet
- 1 The 6 Best Filing cabinet
- 2 Our Top Filing cabinet Pick
- 3 Workroom furniture: Filing cabinet Video Guide
- 4 TOP 5 Filing cabinet Bestseller
- 5 Read More Guides Related to Workroom furniture:
- 6 More Topics in Furniture:
- 7 Links for further Information
The paperless office is a very tempting concept, but can usually only be implemented in theory. In practice, invoices, correspondence, concept papers and many other documents pile up on the desks of the world. If you want to keep things tidy, you need practical and spacious filing cabinets. But what qualities are important in a filing cabinet? And which variants are there at all? Our small overview should give you an orientation and facilitate you the purchase decision.
Workroom furniture: Filing cabinet Video Guide
Anyone who purchases new filing cabinets wants to store their documents in a space-saving, orderly and secure manner. These requirements define the most important characteristics of the filing cabinet. The dimensions of the cabinet are relevant for space-saving and orderly accommodation. The standardised A4 file is 285 mm deep, 318 mm high and normally has a spine width of 75 mm. Professional filing cabinets are designed for these dimensions so that as many files as possible can be stored in the smallest space. Note the folder height: If more than five to six compartments are stacked on top of each other, the cabinet will reach a height that can only be reached with the ladder. If all folders are needed for quick access, a maximum of six compartments is recommended.
Most filing cabinets are equipped with hinged doors. However, if there is little space in your office, a sideboard with sliding doors can also be a useful way of storing files. The advantage of sliding doors is that they do not require any space when opening. They can therefore also be used in very cramped situations. When selecting the filing cabinet, you should also bear in mind that well-filled files are quite heavy. If you want to accommodate several rows of them in one cabinet, you should ensure sufficient stability. Anyone who saves here in the wrong place will later be annoyed by breaking shelves or will not be able to fill the cabinet completely with his files.
Another important aspect in the storage of documents is safety. Sensitive data must not fall into the wrong hands. Is the filing cabinet in a public room? Or are there employees who should not have free access to all company documents? In this case, the purchase of lockable filing cabinets is a good choice. Remember: Just by labeling the spine of a folder, unwanted sensitive information can be revealed. Anyone who decides on a lockable filing cabinet should also keep an eye on the stability of the door. What good is the best lock if the door is unhinged in seconds? For maximum security, sturdy steel filing cabinets are recommended. Some models are even fireproof. Thus their important documents are preserved even if fire and extinguishing water have already destroyed the rest of the office.
Professional filing cabinets are usually made of robust steel. Steel is durable, extremely resilient and convinces with its stability. In addition, the material is insensitive to liquids and therefore very easy to clean. Steel shelves do not yield even under maximum load. And anyone who closes a steel cabinet can rest assured that the contents are protected from prying eyes and from external influences. There are also reasons in favour of a wooden filing cabinet. If only small quantities of files are to be stored, a wooden cabinet is visually more attractive. A coated or veneered surface is smooth, liquid resistant, relatively scratch resistant and easy to maintain. However, anyone who decides on a wooden cabinet should always focus on stability.
By the way: If you need a mobile file storage system, you might want to think about a folder rotating column. It has a large capacity and, thanks to its castors, can be easily transported to any place in the office.
TOP 5 Filing cabinet Bestseller
- Material : Steel Cabinet
- Accommodates letter-size hanging files
- Designed with stylish embossed drawer fronts and easy roll casters
- Smooth suspension with three-quarter drawer extension
- Product Dimensions are 14.3"WIDTH x 18"DEPTH x 24.5" HEIGHT
- Full high-side drawers for letter-size, hanging file folders
- Designed with supply drawer and easy roll casters
- Lock secures top two drawers.
- 4 casters for easy mobility; Recycled Content: 28%
- This is ideal for the workplace
- Accommodates letter-size hanging files
- Lock secures top two drawers
- Three-quarter drawer extension
- 3-drawer file cabinet is best for personal use
- In offices where occasional file retrieval is required
- VERSATILE FILE BOX FOR LETTER AND LEGAL SIZE FILES: Organize all your paperwork, letters, folders and hanging files in style with the portable file cabinet storage boxes from ZICOTO (ca. 15.4x12.4x10”)
- PORTABLE FILE ORGANIZER: Extremly durable with reinforced bottom make the file folder box super stable; the linen fabric exterior is very easy to clean and a practical lid keeps any dust away from your documents
- SPACE–SAVING: Simply stack the file boxes for hanging files in your storeroom or shelves for optimal space usage; When not in use take advantage of the folding feature and put the collapsible file box away – flat, neat & tidy
- TOP–ORGANIZED DOCUMENTS: With the built-in handles you can move the portable file basket easily and enjoy having all essentials close to hand whenever needed; The practical card slots make it effortless to find anything in no time
- DECORATIVE: Say bye bye to boring paper filing boxes! The Zicoto file folder box set in grey linen provides a stylish way to organize all your papers and supplies; Functional features & a beautiful design create THE ultimate filing organizer