The 6 Best Men cycling trousers
If you want to buy a pair of cycling shorts for men, you can choose between different models. And that’s a good thing: a recreational cyclist needs trousers that may be cut less close to the body. Those who train seriously will opt for a narrow and streamlined model. Which trousers model is the right one depends entirely on your personal requirements. But which differences are there and which characteristics are decisive? We will give you an overview that will make your purchase decision easier.
Our Top Men cycling trousers Pick
Bicycle & E-Bikes: Men cycling trousers Video Guide
Bicycle shorts are available in very different cuts, which have different advantages. Anyone travelling off-road with a mountain bike needs sufficient freedom of movement and really good padding. For these sportsmen there are casually cut models. The integrated cushion reliably absorbs the vibrations of an impassable track. Anyone who instead often travels around the city is looking for trousers for everyday use. He will therefore prefer a fashionable model and the upholstery is not very important.
Are you an ambitious cyclist who rides long distances and often trains? For you there are extremely sporty, highly developed models, which meet all requirements of a professional training. Bicycle shorts for this requirement are cut very tightly. Because good ventilation is indispensable during sweaty rides, they are made of breathable materials. The high-quality and elastic fabrics allow moisture to pass through and retain body heat. This effect ensures that the muscles do not cool down during training. To ensure that the trousers fit perfectly, strapless models have an elastic rubber or silicone band on the waistband. Often an additional drawstring is available. The waistband of a pair of cycling shorts should sit high so that it reaches over the buttocks even in a bent riding position and the waistband does not press on the stomach. Silicone leg cuffs on the thighs provide a secure hold so that the trousers cannot slip up the sweaty leg during pedalling movements.
A seat cushion is incorporated in many cycling shorts. They are intended to enable pain-free sitting on the bicycle saddle. This equipment is particularly useful for sports saddles and long journeys. In order for it to work optimally, the seat cushion should fit tightly and have a suitable shape. That is why it is important to try on a pair of cycling shorts before buying.
Some manufacturers produce specially treated seat cushions for a special plus in hygiene. Heat, sweat and humidity create an unhealthy climate, especially during longer tours, which favours the proliferation of bacteria. Antibacterially treated pads therefore have a bacteriostatic effect: the growth of bacteria is inhibited. However, the chemical substance washes out over time, so the effect wears off. Some manufacturers try to counteract this by using activated carbon or metallic silver. Whether such a cushion makes sense for athletes depends on the individual case. Those who are susceptible to infections or inflammations can benefit from the antibacterial effect.
Bicycle shorts should be well cared for so that they last long. In the case of heavy use, seam damage occurs over time. Unfortunately, the stretch fabrics used overtax the technical possibilities of a household sewing machine. In addition, a special thread is required for the seams. Therefore, you cannot repair a damaged seam yourself. Some bicycle shorts manufacturers offer a repair service for seam damage. However, you can also commission a good alteration tailor who has the technical prerequisites for a repair. Some athletes believe that frequent washing of the trousers damages the elastic material. Often the opposite is the case: The effects of sweat, muscle oil, seat cream and sun protection put much more strain on the material of the cycling shorts than a wash in the long run. This form of material fatigue can be avoided by regular washing.
TOP 5 Men cycling trousers Bestseller
- Cushioned in the foot for comfort and durability.
- Moisture-wicking yarns keep feet dry from sweat.
- Arch compression for a secure fit.
- Cut to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoe; follow cutting instructions before use. If you're between sizes, size up and trim down to fit
- High Arch & Wide, Deep Heel Cup: These orthotic insoles help stabilize and relieve stress on feet, ankles and back, and work with your body for maximum foot support
- Durable Orthotic Shoe Insoles: For reliable support and comfort for up to 12 months or 500 miles
- Odour Control: These arch support insoles have a coating to help with odours in your shoes
- Superfeet: Comfortable, durable, foam arch support shoe insoles for women and men
- Stay cool, fresh and comfortable all day with our lightweight, breathable, water-resistant and quick-dry women's hiking pants.
- UV protection is a priority when exploring the great outdoors, which is why our pants offer UPF 50+ built-in to keep you safe from the sun's harmful rays.
- Convenience is key when hiking, so we designed our women's hiking pants with four zip-closure security pockets, an elastic waist with a drawstring, and articulated knees to give the perfect fit.
- The adjustable cord locks around the cuffs allow for easy leg opening adjustment to keep bugs out and ensure they fit perfectly, no matter what adventure you take them on.
- Don't let sizing be a hassle! Based on customer feedback, we recommend choosing one size down for a more snug fit or pick our new launched petite version if you got a petite figure. Plus, our pants are easily machine washable for extra convenience.
- Soft Breathable Moisture Control Fibers
- Arch Compression Support and Stability
- Ventilation Channels Enhance Air Flow
- Durable Reinforced Heel and Toe
- Fabric content may vary by color
Read More Guides Related to Bicycle & E-Bikes:
- Best Child bicycle seat
- Best Damper pump
- Best Cable lock
- Best Folding bike
- Best Handlebar grips
- Best Stem
- Best Children’s bicycle helmet
- Best Wired Bicycle Computers
- Best Folding lock
- Best Mountainbike-Pedale
- Best Crossrad
- Best MTB helmet
- Best Full-face helmet
- Best Bicycle lighting
- Best Baggage handlers
- Best Wired-on tyre
- Best Protector
- Best Mountainbike
- Best Frame lock
- Best Quick-release levers
- Best Electric mountain bike
- Best Carrier bag
- Best Bicycle shackle lock
- Best Tricycle
- Best Rim brakes
- Best Tricycles for children
- Best Citybike
- Best Chain lock
- Best Cycling jacket
- Best Foot-mounted air pump
- Best Bicycle handlebar bags
- Best Trekking wheel
- Best Bicycle handle
- Best Men cycling trousers
- Best Brake lever
- Best Bicycle helmet
- Best Bicycle seat post
- Best 26 Inch Mountain Bike Tires
- Best 28-inch road bike tires
- Best BMX bike