The 6 Best Tumble dryers
- 1 The 6 Best Tumble dryers
- 2 Our Top Tumble dryers Pick
- 3 Large electrical appliances: Tumble dryers Video Guide
- 4 TOP 5 Tumble dryers Bestseller
- 5 Read More Guides Related to Large electrical appliances:
- 6 More Topics in Housekeeping:
- 7 Links for further Information
Clothes dryers are modern household appliances that dry damp laundry within a short period of time through the mechanical supply of heated air. This saves the housewife or the househusband from hanging up and drying the textiles in the open air or in the apartment. In terms of format, tumble dryers do not differ significantly from washing machines. Washing machines with integrated drying function are also called washer-dryers. The first tumble dryer was invented around 1800 by M. Pochon in France. This device and its successors were still operated by hand. Already at the beginning of the 20th century the first electrically operated tumble dryers were available. The American designer Brooke Stevens already designed a tumble dryer with a glass window in the 1940s.
Large electrical appliances: Tumble dryers Video Guide
In 1958, Miele launched the first tumble dryer on the German market and was thus a pioneer in Europe. The basic principle of the dryer has remained the same to this day, although technology and design are constantly being improved by various manufacturers. In a tumble dryer, the spun laundry, which should now have a maximum moisture content of 30 to 50 percent, is completely dried by evaporating water. This process has remained quite energy-intensive to this day. However, there are models with heat recovery via a heat pump. This can save up to 50 percent of energy, but requires technically more complex equipment which is correspondingly more expensive. There are a total of three types of dryers with some subspecies.
There are exhaust air dryers, condensation dryers and heat pump dryers. While simple exhaust air dryers are the cheapest, condensation dryers are somewhat more expensive. The most expensive are the heat pump dryers. Exactly the opposite is true for consumption and energy efficiency. The purchase of a more expensive dryer can therefore be a cheap purchase in the long run. Heat pump dryers are also condensation dryers in terms of technical principle, but they make efficient use of the exhaust air from their own motor. With all three types of dryer, the laundry is circulated in a drum like in a washing machine. This means that the entire surface of the laundry is reached for the drying process.
First, in all three types of dryer, the humidity of the laundry is absorbed by the dry and warm air until the saturation limit is reached. In the exhaust air dryer, the moist air is now discharged via a hose. Such dryers should not be installed in narrow and small rooms because the humid and warm air quickly accumulates there. Exhaust air dryers are quite inexpensive and have energy efficiency class C or maximum B. Anyone who does not dry laundry so often and has good, ventilated rooms for setting up such a dryer could be satisfied with an exhaust air dryer. AEG, for example, offers good equipment here.
In the condensation dryer, the warm air is discharged as condensate, i.e. in liquid form via a hose. Such a dryer does not significantly change the room climate. It can also be used in small and windowless rooms. In higher-quality devices of this type, such as those from Bosch, Miele or Simens, the capacitor cleans itself. For cheaper models, a lint filter must occasionally be cleaned by hand. Condensation dryers without heat pumps achieve efficiency classes B to A. The condensation dryers equipped with heat pumps are technically complex and therefore quite expensive. They use the heat of the motor and the condensate and thus achieve energy efficiency classes up to A+++
The comparative winners among the heat pump dryers are the Siemens WT46W261, the Bosch WTW86361EcoAvantixx (for six kilograms) and the Bauknecht TK EcoStar. Beko and AEG models are at the forefront of the evaluation of condensation dryers without heat pumps and exhaust air dryers. The decisive factor when buying a tumble dryer is your own standards. In addition to energy efficiency, the filling quantity, centrifugal speed and noise level should also be taken into account. There are also different preferences for the filling concept. As with washing machines, there are front loaders and top loaders. It is also important whether the dryer dries gently and has crease protection. In the area of gentle drying, Bosch and Miele tumble dryers proved to be the best. High-quality clothing has a longer service life with these devices.
TOP 5 Tumble dryers Bestseller
- 110-125V/1500W | 3.5 Cubic Feet/13 LBS Capacity | Stainless Steel Inner Drum | With Child Lock .
- CTT A+ Technology - Drum Reverse Tumble Action,Soften Clothes, Tangle Free, Shorter Drying Time, Energy saving by 10%.(clockwise 6 min, anti-clockwise 10s)
- The high temperature cycle kills up to 99.99% of certain houshold germs and bacteria without the need for harsh chemicals.
- Auto Dry uses an integrated thermostat to monitor and control drying temperature and mositure, uses moisture sendsors and temprerature sensor to adust the dry cycle, ensuring dry clothes each time without damaging fabrics.
- Wall Mountable (Kit Included) | Free Standing | 1 Year Warranty
- Genuine replacement fluff filter that fits various Bosch tumble dryer
- THIS IS A GENUINE BOSCH PRODUCT.
- Please be aware that all electrical items, eg pumps, are European voltage 220-240v not US voltage.
- Manufacturer's Code - 652184
- NO MORE HOT AIR INCOMES – Hoomee window seal keeps the warm air coming from the hose of your portable air conditioner away by locking the hose between the window frame and the window itself. Our window seal leaves out insects, mosquitoes, rain and creates a “closed environment” that keeps your room cool for longer.
- INCREASE COOLING PERFORMANCE – Enjoy a cooler environment in summer thanks to Hoomee! Hoomee seals around your open window and then zips around the nozzle of your hose and blocks the return flow of warm air, so that your mobile air conditioning unit can be more efficient and cools your room in less time.
- REDUCE ENERGY CONSUMPTION - Hoomee loves the Earth! This window seal contributes to reduce energy consumption and to lower carbon dioxide emissions, which is particularly high in summer due to the massive use of air conditioning. Preventing warm air circulating in your room, Hoomee window seal helps you save money on electrical bills!
- EASY TO INSTALL – NO NEED FOR DRILLING HOLES . You don’t have to buy window kits, adapters for your hose or additional tools. All you need comes with your Hoomee Window Seal! Simply apply the adhesive hook tape to the inside of your window frame and to the window itself. Attach the window seal to the hook tape. Then, open the zip on the window seal and place your air conditioner hose out of the window. At the end, close the zip tightly around the hose. Simple as it is.
- UNIVERSAL - Suitable for all portable air conditioners and tumble dryersregardless of manufacturer. Whether for windows that open to the left or windows that open to the right, bottom hung windows or skylights, Hoomee Window Seal will do the job. Fits window with a maximum perimeter of 500 CM.
- Use these eco-friendly dryer balls instead of a fabric softener or dryer sheets
- Made of 100% New Zealand wool
- Reduces drying time
- Helps reduce wrinkles
- Safe for all clothes