The 6 Best Aftershave
- 1 The 6 Best Aftershave
- 2 Our Top Aftershave Pick
- 3 Beauty: Aftershave Video Guide
- 4 TOP 5 Aftershave Bestseller
- 5 Read More Guides Related to Beauty:
- 6 More Topics in Food & Drugstore:
- 7 Links for further Information
For many men it is routine to apply an aftershave to stressed facial skin after a morning shave. The purpose of aftershave lotion is to soothe irritated skin caused by shaving, protect it from inflammation and, last but not least, to smell good. In addition to aqueous-liquid products, retailers are increasingly offering aftershave gels, balsams and lotions enriched with additional ingredients that promise more extensive care for the beard region. But not every aftershave product is automatically suitable for every skin type. When buying, you should therefore make sure that the aftershave of your choice harmonises with your skin. In this way you avoid annoying skin irritations during application.
Our Top Aftershave Pick
Beauty: Aftershave Video Guide
Besides water, ethanol (alcohol) is often one of the main ingredients of aftershaves. The ethanol has a disinfectant effect when applied to shaved skin and thus prevents inflammation. Even through microscopically small incisions, bacteria can penetrate the skin unhindered and cause irritation. Aftershaves with alcohol are not recommended for all skin types and many men are unaware that their main problems are due to their aftershave. Alcohol has the property of drying out sensitive facial skin. For men who already have very dry skin, this can become a problem. The same applies to men with sensitive skin. They often feel a persistent burning sensation when applying an alcoholic after shave and complain of itching afterwards. For the sake of your skin, you should completely avoid aftershaves with an alcohol content and use other products instead. Classic aftershaves, which consist of water, alcohol and fragrances, are best suited for men with normal and insensitive skin.
Do you know what your skin type is? If you don’t, you’re in good company. Only very few men know which care products are suitable for them and which should be avoided. The result is cabinets full of products that cause skin irritation and irritation, but the cause is always blamed on something else. If you want to know exactly which aftershave suits you best, you should either seek skin advice from a cosmetic studio or a dermatologist. Both can determine your skin type and give you recommendations.
Normal facial skin can be recognized by the fact that redness and irritation are rare and the skin texture is very even with the pores. These men should avoid aftershaves with too much caring substances. A light lotion or a normal aftershave with a low alcohol content is best for this skin type. Men with oily skin often have problems with skin blemishes and enlarged pores. Your face will shine and feel greasy when you brush over it. Aftershaves with disinfecting ingredients and moisturising care products that do not additionally dry out the skin are suitable for oily skin. Otherwise the fat production of the sebaceous glands can increase further.
Men with dry skin often suffer from fine skin cracks and tend to injure themselves while shaving. In this case, the glands produce too little sebum. Aftershave products such as gels and lotions with moisturising ingredients are suitable for moisturising the skin. Aftershaves with alcohol should be avoided. Men with combination skin have both dry and oily skin areas. In this case, the aftershave should neither dry out the skin too much nor overload it with caring substances. Otherwise this can result in further skin impurities.
The choice of an after shave for men with sensitive skin is complicated. They quickly suffer from irritations and irritations, often due to the ingredients of skin care products. Aftershaves with few artificial fragrances, a low alcohol content and caring ingredients such as aloe, allantoin and panthenol are best suited for them. In principle, however, it is important to try out what you tolerate well here as well.
TOP 5 Aftershave Bestseller
- ELIMINATE RAZOR BURN- Say goodbye to razor burn when you apply just a small amount of our our luxurious after-shave balm
- SPECIAL FORMULATION- Made with a premium combination of natural ingredients to leave your skin feeling super soft without drying out
- CALMS IRRITATION- Formulated for all types of skin including sensitive skin
- THE VIKING GUARANTEE: All Viking products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee - just contact us if for any reason you’re not happy with your purchase.
- Aqua Velva, known as America's first after shave, has been helping soothe, cool and refresh men's skin since 1917
- Travel Size, On the Go After Shave for Men with a Classic American Fragrance
- Firms and Tons while cooling sensation refreshes skin. Completes a Clean Shave
- Made in the USA
- Apply a little on the shaved areas of the face and rub in mildly
- Cool, crisp and clean.
- The unmistakably masculine scent of Old Spice.
- For after shaving.
- For after showering.
- For whenever you want to feel cool and refreshed.
- A soothing, moisturizing balm with added cooling ingredients such as menthol and tea tee oil to leave skin feeling clean and refreshed.
- Soothes skin and leaves skin feeling fresh
- Natural ingredients to cool and refresh.
- moisturizes and cools skin after shaving.
- Fresh fragrance.
Read More Guides Related to Beauty:
- Best Aftershave
- Best Make-up set
- Best Foil razor
- Best Manicure set
- Best Tattoo color
- Best Beard Care Oil
- Best Tweezers with light
- Best Natural cosmetics
- Best Nail whitener
- Best Nail oil
- Best Drug dispenser
- Best Beard scissors
- Best Disposable razor
- Best Nail cutter
- Best Face self-tanner
- Best Concealer
- Best Tipcutter
- Best Mascara
- Best Facial epilator
- Best Powder
- Best Nail Brush
- Best Wax warmer
- Best Beard hair clipper
- Best Lipgloss
- Best Hair Medication
- Best Sugar paste for hair removal
- Best Face oil
- Best Eyebrows Tweezers
- Best Body hair trimmer
- Best Intimate hair removal
- Best Eyelash curler
- Best Light curing apparatus
- Best Hair Removal Wax
- Best Electric shaver with cleaning station
- Best Depilatory pad
- Best Polishing block
- Best Hair chalk
- Best Lip balm
- Best Nail polish remover
- Best Rotary razor