The 6 Best Infrared filter
- 1 The 6 Best Infrared filter
- 2 Our Top Infrared filter Pick
- 3 Photo & Camera: Infrared filter Video Guide
- 4 TOP 5 Infrared filter Bestseller
- 5 Read More Guides Related to Photo & Camera:
- 6 More Topics in Electronics:
- 7 Links for further Information
Infrared radiation is a part of optical radiation: the wavelengths of light. Light with longer wavelengths is not perceptible to the human eye. Infrared filters were designed to let the infrared radiation through but block all visible light. In this way, details can be photographed that are actually not visible. In the following guide, all information about the infrared filter is explained in more detail. What is it, what does it serve for and what do I have to consider when making a selection?
Photo & Camera: Infrared filter Video Guide
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Infrared filter guide” max=”1″ offset=”4″]
Nowadays almost all cameras have an IR cut filter. This prevents blurring and colour falsification due to infrared light. However, the infrared light is not completely filtered out, making it possible to take infrared pictures with many cameras. The infrared filters are available in various thread sizes and degrees of permeability. The infrared filter suppresses the visible light so that the images are created based on the infrared radiation. Photographers can use these filters to get interesting artistic and creative photos. Infrared filters deliver fascinating images with an extremely high black-and-white contrast. The 850 mm filter is suitable for this. There are also filters that allow a small part of the light to pass through. A 720 mm filter is well suited for this purpose. Both infrared filters are included in the following set: Neewer® 4 pieces infrared x-ray filter set: IR720, IR760, IR850 and IR950 / including filter carrying bag for various NIKON DSLR cameras This infrared filter set includes..: IR720, IR760, IR850 and IR950 infrared filters and a carrying bag. The lens is not included. The infrared filters consist of a high-quality optical glass and a high-quality aluminium alloy. The double threaded frame allows additional filters or hoods. The filters create fascinating images. Longwave light is reflected differently by the photographed objects compared to visible light. The atmosphere emanating from infrared images can be described as fairy-tale.
Infrared radiation can penetrate haze or impurities in the air much better than visible light, so that distant objects can be better recognized in the infrared range and the images are therefore more qualitative. This is advantageous for aerial photography, for example. By using the filter interesting effects are achieved and the contrast is increased. Infrared images can be produced well and cheaply, especially with a digital camera. Almost all models are suitable for infrared images, cameras with a weak IR cut filter even better than those with little infrared light reaching the sensor. System and SLR cameras are more ideal for attaching the filter because they have a filter thread. Some cameras are equipped with an adapter ring for a filter, which is pushed onto the lens. If it is not possible to attach the infrared filter, it can be held in front of the lens if necessary.
An infrared filter has several advantages and produces impressive images. Photography thus offers great creative potential. Depending on the permeability rate, grey tones can also be transformed into fascinating black-and-white contrasts of varying intensity. The selection should be considered: The lower the wavelength, the higher the residual proportion of visible light. This means that the greater the wavelength, the less visible light is transmitted. For infrared images, a tripod should be used, as the dark infrared filter requires long exposure times. Image detail and sharpness are adjusted before the filter is screwed on.
TOP 5 Infrared filter Bestseller
- Infrared filters, sometimes called IR filters or heat-absorbing filters, are designed to allow IR mid-infrared wavelengths while block visible light. They are often used in devices with bright incandescent light bulbs (such as slide and overhead projectors) to prevent unwanted heating
- Digital cameras are usually equipped with IR-blocking filters to prevent unnatural-looking images. IR-transmitting (passing) filters, or removal of factory IR-blocking filters, are commonly used in infrared photography to pass infrared light and block visible and ultraviolet light. Such filters appear black to the eye, but are transparent when viewed with an IR sensitive device
- The creative adjustable IR filter is a compact all-in-one variable wavelengths filter that adjusts the amount of wavelengths with just the twist of your wrist. The index marks on the filter let you know exactly the amount of wavelengths at a glance. Giving you clear and precise shots at whichever wavelengths you are using. It offers you the freedom to create different wavelengths freely
- You don't have to carry a bunch of filters for shooting. Just one filter, gives you from the range 530nm to 750nm freely
- Material: high quality optical glass and premium aluminum alloy
- Suitable for 49mm filter thread DSLR/SLR camera especially mirrorless cameras or DSLRS with no IR blocking filter in front of the sensor. Please check your manual.
- 720nm excellent for indoor and weak light use.
- These filters are ideal for creating special affects or for changing the lighting in photography, and also for use in analytical situations where UV and visible light needs to be blocked
- 67mm X-Series IR720 Infrared Filter Eliminates Visible Light Below 720n
- High Quality Pure Optical Glass
- Double Threaded to Accept Other Filters or Accessories
- Produces Great Special Effects, Note: These filters are not coated
- Universal Filter works with Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, etc.
- This infrared filter set includes: (1)IR720 Infrared Filter + (1)IR760 Infrared Filter + (1)IR850 Infrared Filter + (1)IR950 Infrared Filter + (1)Carrying Pouch. PLEASE NOTE: Lens NOT Included!
- The IR filters are made of high quality optical glass and premium aluminum alloy. Double threaded frame to allow additional filters or hoods.
- Fit for any camera which lens thread is 58mm, such as CANON Rebel (T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XT XTi XSi SL1), CANON EOS (700D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 1100D 1000D 100D 60D) with 58MM Lens which include: EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM.
- Often used in crime detection, medical photography, detection of distribution of vegetation, etc.
- For photographer, these filter can be used with infrared film or digital photography to get interesting artistic and sometimes creative photos.
Read More Guides Related to Photo & Camera:
- Best System camera
- Best Clamp tripod
- Best Camera Tripod
- Best Disposable camera
- Best Action Cam
- Best Photo backpack
- Best Bridge camera
- Best Zoom lens
- Best 4K Camcorder
- Best Camera filter
- Best Diascanner
- Best Lens pocket
- Best Gray filters
- Best Children’s camera
- Best Tripod bag
- Best Underwater camcorder
- Best Mirrorless system camera
- Best Colour filters
- Best Instant camera
- Best Gradient filter
- Best Photo bag
- Best Telezoom
- Best Underwater camera
- Best DB POWER Action Camera
- Best Fixed focal length lens
- Best Digital camera
- Best Full HD digital camera
- Best Compact cameras
- Best Camcorder
- Best Telephoto lens
- Best Negative scanner
- Best SLR camera
- Best Full HD Camcorder
- Best Night-vision device
- Best Fisheye lens
- Best Spotting scope
- Best Super Zoom Camera
- Best 3D-Camcorder
- Best 3D camera
- Best Tripod head